There are many instructions on the Internet of how to make a “snowman” from a sock. I found the best kind of sock is a women’s ankle sock for the snowman and children’s colorful sock for cap & scarf.
You will also need beads for eyes and nose, string or heavy thread, rice ( two 1 lb. Bags will make three snowmen) glue and any other stickers or decoration you like.
Here is my version of the “sock snowman”
- Cut the top of an ankle sock off evenly across the top.
- Fill the sock 1” from the top. Gather the top and using a heavy thread tie off as shown in picture.
- Tie around the middle of the sock to make the top and bottom of the snowman.
- Use small black and orange beads for eyes and nose…glue on face. You can anchor the beads and trims with straight pins
Next make a cap & scarf:
- Cut the top off a child’s decorative ankle sock…cut even across. Tuck under the edge and fold up to make a cap.
- Cut the other sock along the sides, leaving the toe fold. This will make a matching scarf.
- Glue buttons onto the bottom part of snowman.
- Add pompoms or other decorations